Sunday, June 27, 2010

2010 Sugden Stride 5K

2010 Sugden Stride 5K Road Race
Runners who participated in the Sugden Stride 5K were treated to a wonderful race course through Sugden Regional Park in Naples. The course took runners around Lake Avalon, along the path next to the beach and back along the trail for a fast and exciting finish. Glass mugs were given as awards to participants who placed from 1st through 5th in their respective age divisions. I was lucky enough to place 4th in my age group, and have christened my mug with a nice cold imported dark beer. I must commend the organizing committee Elite Events, and Collier County Parks and Recreation for putting on a quality event. I look forward to the next event, The Eagle Lakes Extreme 5K Run and Walk, on Saturday July 31st, at Eagle Lakes Community Park in Naples. It is my hope that the next race in the Series will draw more runners to push everyone to strive for their PR.

Enjoy Southwest Florida,

Robin Bishop
swflfun.com
southwestflfun@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for supporting our events and glad you enjoyed them! We hope to see you at our races this summer.

    -Jaeden
    Elite Events

    ReplyDelete